Spring is here again! If you are thinking of putting your house on the market, here are few simple cleaning tips that are sure to boost your home’s appeal to potential buyers.
1. Say ‘no’ to the popcorn ceilings. While this type of ceiling texture was popular in the 1990s, current buyers don’t always like this look. Removing this texture can be time-consuming, but it can drastically modernize your home’s aesthetic.
2. Refresh with a new coat of paint. Nothing changes the look of your home quicker than a fresh coat of paint. If you can paint both the interior and the exterior of your house, it’s a wise investment. To attract more prospects, go with neutral colors that can matches the look of your neighborhood. If you have an HOA, check with the staff first in case you need approval or need to use specific hues.
3. Give your floors some TLC. At a minimum, vacuum clean and steam clean all carpets, mop your tile floors, and polish your hardwood floors.
4. Beautify your front entrance area. Even if you haven’t painted the exterior of your home, you can still make an impact by painting your front door and shutters, if you have them. Clean and polish the door fixtures, and tastefully decorate the entry with seasonal decorations like flowers.
5. Repair the mailbox. Since your mailbox may be one of the first features to greet your buyers, consider repairing it or replacing with a new one if it is damaged.
6. De-clutter and organize. Grab a box for each room of your home, and toss anything non-essential. You can choose to put it in storage, donate it, or discard. Decluttering gives your home not only gives it a cleaner look, but can also make the home appear bigger. While you’re at it, clean the curtains, dust any light fixtures, and replace the worn-out bulbs.
7. Clean the kitchen and bathrooms. Wipe down your cupboards, clear everything off the counters, and clean the tiles well. Repair the tubs, showers, sinks and ensure that there is no mold present.
8. Check your yard. Boost your curb appeal by weeding the flower beds, pruning the bushes, and mowing the lawn. Plant flowers to add a pop of color. Also, take care of the backyard. Get rid of any clutter, remove any dead plants, and clean the pool, if you have one.
These spring cleaning tips take a bit of elbow grease, but can do wonders to help you sell your house fast.
Thinking of buying or selling a home? Let’s start planning today. Call me personally at (407) 967-5142.